Everything You Need To Know
The Claims Company is a claims management company that helps its clients reclaim back mis-sold payment protection insurance, and packaged
bank account claims.
We want to make sure you are aware of exactly how the process will work, and how it affects you.
We are No Win No Fee!
There are no upfront fees to pay!
When you first speak to one of our team, we will consider the merits of your claim. We’ll conduct an initial fact find to ascertain why you feel
you may have been mis-sold your Payment Protection Insurance/Packaged Bank Account. If it looks as though there is a case to answer we
will send you one of our claim packs in the post.
(If you don’t have account numbers, or indeed you are unsure if had any PPI in the first place that’s no problem. If you let us know who your
lenders were, we can issue a Subject Access Request on your behalf instructing your lenders to send us the information we need to assess your
When you return your pack one of our claims handlers will take you through a more detailed fact find so we can compile the strongestcase
possible. Most lenders will require a Questionnaire, which we will send to you to read, add your own version of events, sign and send back.
Once this has been presented to the lender they are required to deal with complaints within 8 to 12 weeks. If we do not reach a satisfactory
conclusion within that time we may decide your case to the Financial Ombudsman (FOS). Unfortunately this does add time to your case, this
can be anywhere up to 24 months.
- We will provide regular updates with regards to the progress of your claim, and provide you with contact details should you have any
questions along the process.
- If your claim is successful the company involved will pay you the full amount of the claim, our fee won’t come out automatically. It is
down to you to pay us after you have received your money. 20% plus VAT.
- If you are on a debt management plan, in arrears, going through or have recently been through an IVA it could affect any money
received from your claim. Some lenders may set off any money received against any outstanding balances so make sure your claims
handler is aware of this. They will be able to advise if it’s in your best interest to pursue a claim.
- If you wish to cancel your claim this can be done verbally or by writing to The Claims Company at the above address, or email us, or call
the office on the above number or you can complete the cancellation form found on our website.
The following information is in the claim pack that we send to you and we require you to complete and return the documents to us.
- Our Terms and Conditions (sign and date)
- Letter of Authority (sign and date)
- Under the Claims Management Regulator Client Specific Rule 10, we have to make you aware that you have the right to seek further
advice elsewhere if required before committing to using our services. You also have the option to lodge a claim yourself directly with
the lender & if required go through the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Complaints. If at any point you become unhappy with the service we provide to you or you have concerns about your bill then you
should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you. We have a procedure in place which details
how we handle complaints which is available on the terms of business provided, on our website and available upon request.
- The Claims Company is a trading style of Claims Company (Cornwall) Ltd. The Claims Company is regulated by the claims management
regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities. CRM29481. Our registration is recorded on the regulators website
- Data Protection Act. We adhere strictly to the rules and regulations and all details provided by you will be held safe and secure by us.
Your information will not be passed to any other third party companies.